Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Lots of Updates!


We have had lots of visitors and many new things have been happening in Owen's life these past weeks. It is amazing how fast he is growing and changing. It is hard for me to keep up with the blog and he is super cuddly after visitors leave.
The first weekend of April Danielle came to visit us. It was her first to time Virginia and her first time to meet Owen. Owen and I made a trip to Richmond to pick her up at the airport. I dropped Owen at Aunt Bonnie's so she could get some time in with him while Danielle and I had lunch and enjoyed the nice weather. By 1:00 we were ready to get the little guy and head back to Charlottesville. He had been getting a cold so I was concerned he would be a little fussy for Bonnie and sure enough he was. This continued through Danielle's entire visit. So we rented movies and stayed in with the little booger.

I began to get a little concerned after day 2 of the fussiness so I took him in to the pediatrician to get him checked out. Andy thinks I am a little crazy at times but I was just be cautious. Owen is not a big crier so when he does it makes my heart ache. The doctor said all was good...he just had a cold and could possibly be teething. Yes teething! And possibly a growth spurt. I mean, he weighed in at 15 pounds at the appointment and is drinking 40 ounces of breast milk. I don't think I can possibly produce more milk for him. More to come on the growth spurt.

Our big boy is now rolling completely over and over again. No more leaving Owen on the play mat. I was in the kitchen at the sink and I looked over and this is where I found the little stinker.
My mom warned me of this when she was here and sure enough there he was about to make his way across the room!

His next milestone occurred on his first Easter. I decided that because of this growth spurt he was in need of some food other than breast milk. The boy has great head control, is interested in what we are doing when we eat, and weighs over 13 pounds. These are all the requirements in all the books so I decided that it was time and the fact that I don't think I can pump anymore milk. It was so exciting. He opened up and gobbled up his cereal. Here is a little video.
Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Kirk were here to experience the fun. We then packed up and went to Richmond to the Narduzzi's for Easter dinner. Check out our little bunny. It may be unnecessary humiliation with the ears but I think he looked adorable.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter and Happy Spring!

No comments: